Wente Vineyards Proudly Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of The Restaurant and The Concerts at Wente Vineyards this summer
2 June, 2011
Livermore Valley, CA - This year, Wente Vineyards will celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Restaurant and The Concerts at Wente Vineyards. After a quarter of a century entertaining guests with delicious wine country cuisine, award-winning wine and music in the vineyards, the property is proud to detail the top 25 things to partake in during the 25th anniversary year.
25 Things to do at Wente Vineyards for the 25th Anniversary
- The Concerts at Wente Vineyards: Hosted under the stars on the Terrace Lawn, Wente Vineyards celebrates its 25th year of providing top performers, with a range of world-class artists such as America and Diana Ross playing from June-September.
- Culinary Classes: Learn to make seasonal dishes from the chefs at Wente Vineyards, including Executive Chef Eric Berg, Executive Pastry Chef Leena Hung and Catering with Wente Vineyards Executive Chef Jeff Farlow.
- Spring & Summer Garden Tours: Celebrating Master Gardener Diane Dovholuk’s 25 years on property, Wente Vineyards invites guests for an inside look into the organicgarden with a special cooking demo from Executive Chef Eric Berg.
- 25th Anniversary Menu: Enjoy a special three-course anniversary menu at The Restaurant created from ingredients sourced directly from the on-site vegetable and herb garden. Celebrate signature dishes that were served throughout the 25 years including dishes from CEO Carolyn Wente’s cookbook The Casual Vineyard Table.
- Cinema at Wente Vineyards: Wente Vineyards invites guests to take in the summer nights with classic movies such as Wizard of Oz and Dirty Dancing on the terrace-lawn, best enjoyed while sipping a glass of wine with family and friends.
- Golf Lessons: Partake in golf lessons on the Greg Norman designed golf course, which also happens to be certified as an Audubon Sanctuary. Specialty lessons for golfers of all ages and ability levels are offered, including beginner, Ladies and Juniors.
- Sipping at Sunset: After a beautiful day on The Course, finish off with a glass of estate grown, sustainably farmed delicious Wente Vineyards wine at The Grill overlooking the 18th green.
- Discover the Wine, Discover the Music on the Estate Lawn: Enjoy exploring music by indie artists and unique wines at this casual and fun music series at Wente Vineyards Estate Winery culminating in the Day of Discovery over Labor Day weekend. Showcasing a number of leading artists, the all day event will take place at the Estate Tasting Room.
- Host a Private Party in the Caves: Reserve the vineyards’ historic wine caves for a private party of your choice (birthdays, corporate, themed parties, or a wedding reception).
- Favorites at The Restaurant: The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards turns 25 - indulge in the delicious signature Smoked Double Cut Pork Chop.
- Barrel Release Series: The Restaurant continues to feature the Barrel Release Series, with a delightful three-course menu paired with a glass of wine directly poured from a new barrel.
- Daycation in the Vineyards: Visit the property in October 2011 to receive special offers and discounts on wines and property activities.
- Undiscovered Wedding Destination: Set in the stunning rolling hills of Livermore Valley, Wente Vineyards provides numerous wedding packages to create the perfect wine country wedding.
- Become a Wine Club Member: Receive special offers, benefits and wine shipments.
- Join Club Wente Entertainment: Receive concert ticket discounts, complimentary wine when dining in The Restaurant and The Grill and more.
- Yoga with a Winemaker: Go to the Wente Vineyards website and take a quick break from the day to enjoy a three-minute yoga session with fifth-generation winemaker Karl Wente.
- Guided Cooking: Purchase Fourth Generation Winemaker Carolyn Wente’s cookbook and enjoy one of the many delicious dishes in your own home.
- The Grill at Wente Vineyards: Following a morning of golf or a stroll around the property gardens, enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch at The Grill at Wente Vineyards.
- Estate Tasting Room: Enjoy the newly revamped tasting room with a lush outdoor space perfect for a picnic lunch and bottle of wine. Groups of 10 or more are offered a special rate for tasting.
- Building Memories: Build team spirit and boost corporate morale while learning about wine in a fun atmosphere with the Vineyard Tasting Room Challenge, just one of the many team building events offered by the Wente Vineyards Catering Team.
- Women’s Golf Month: Throughout the month of June, celebrate golf as a sport and recreation for women. The national PGA movement seeks to provide women the opportunity to learn, re-learn or play golf in a fun and friendly environment while also attracting and retaining new women golfers.
- Company Outing: Host your company’s next corporate off-site with the perks of full A/V and wireless internet capabilities, and rolling hills and lush vineyards as your backdrop.
- Girlfriends Getaway: Gather your girlfriends on Tuesday or Thursday and enjoy a day at The Course at Wente Vineyards complete with a round of golf paired with a complimentary breakfast or lunch in The Grill before or after your round for just $85.
- Gift the Grape: Taste, purchase and share the gift of great wine with friends by gifting a bottle of your favorite Wente Vineyards wine.
- Lighten your Holiday Load: Skip the kitchen and indulge in delicious take-home dinners available for Thanksgiving and Christmas with curbside pick-up.
About Wente Vineyards
The country's oldest continuously operated family-owned winery, Wente Vineyards is led today by the fourth and fifth generations of the Wente family. More than 125 years of committed stewardship to the land has led to the development of Wente Vineyards’ Farming for the Future, a system of sustainable viticultural practices designed to produce the best quality wines with the least environmental impact.
Located just east of San Francisco in the historic Livermore Valley, Wente Vineyards is recognized as one of California’s premier wine country destinations, featuring wine tasting, fine dining and championship golf. For more information, visit www.wentevineyards.com.
For any interviews or media assistance, please contact Kristin Namimoto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415/701-9463.